Not many people have a face lift anymore because of the fact that so many less invasive procedures are available as well. However, in some cases, Botox, Ulthera, and dermafillers simply don’t work anymore and a face lift is the only remaining option. Unfortunately, a face lift Chicago procedure is an invasive procedure and you will need at least one to two weeks to recover sufficiently to put makeup back on. Healing is all part of it, but when you have a face lift, you want to look as good as possible as quickly as possible. Thankfully, there are plenty of things you can do to make your recovery less lengthy.
How to Recover Quickly from a Face Lift Chicago Procedure
- Take acceptable homeopathic medications, starting before the procedure. Discuss this with your physician.
- Do not take any blood thinners for at least a week before the surgery.
- Make sure you look after your skin properly before your procedure.
- Ice your wounds after surgery, something that your aftercare team should do for you.
- Make sure your blood pressure stays within an acceptable range.
- Use the antibiotic cream prescribed to you.
- Grow your hair longer or get extensions to keep your wounds hidden for the time being.
- Use anti-bruising cream if relevant.
- Do not take part in vigorous exercise for a few weeks after your surgery.
- Cover your bruises and swelling with pH neutral makeup.
Many people have also said that Arnica is very beneficial to fight bruising and swelling. Physicians agree that taking up to two tablets the evening before your surgery and for a few days thereafter may help you heal quicker. Additionally, some evidence suggests it helps to reduce swelling and pain.
You also need to be careful about taking ibuprofen and aspirin, as well as certain types of food. That is because they thin the blood and this can cause the bruising to get worse. Hence, make sure you speak to your surgeon about acceptable painkillers and about foods that you should avoid.
Your surgeon may also prescribe you glycolic peels and soap, hydroquinone, or Retin-A. Those all help your body to produce more collagen, which is vital for skin firmness. Make sure you ask about this as soon as you start your initial consultation, as you should start using it a few weeks before the procedure itself.
Body position is also very important. You are likely to receive a full anesthetic during your surgery, so your aftercare team will ensure you are placed in the right position. Specifically, your head will be above the level of your heart. You have to keep that position up whenever you are resting, including during sleep. If you aren’t a back sleeper, therefore, you will have to get used to changing your position.
The recovery period following a face lift can be quite extensive. However, if you prepare yourself properly and listen to your physician’s advice afterwards, then you should be fully healed much quicker.