What do you know about personal theft? Did you know that ‘borrowing’ an item from somebody and not returning it to them is considered stealing? The word ‘theft’ is an umbrella term that may relate to various acts of misconduct, from muggings to hiding somebody’s personal belongings. Surprisingly, approximately $60 million is lost every year in United States due to employee theft, but it doesn’t have to be this way.
Workplace-related crimes aside, thefts can also occur by accident. An example would be someone unknowingly wearing a company jacket home. Nonetheless, this is still considered to be a big offence and one of which that can be punished by the law. Avoiding potential pitfalls is possible if you use ultra violet security ink (UV) with your custom stamps.
In what way(s) can I stop theft before it happens?
There are ways to reduce employment theft. Before you get your hands on custom stamps, ask yourself if you are taking the correct approach to shielding your belongings from theft. Chances are (since you are reading this), you could be doing something more to eliminate risk. Reducing your chances of robbery all starts with putting preventative measures into place.
Here’s what you can do for loss-prevention:
- Know Your Team – Get to know the employees operating within your work space and supervise them at all times. You want to recruit the perfect staff-members you can trust.
- Manage Cash Receipts – Mark paid receipts with a stamp and don’t forget to stamp any unpaid/questionable receipts.
- Monitor the Inventory – A stamp will come in handy as a useful tool for organizing inventory. It is especially important to monitor your inventory if the company is experiencing rapid growth.
How can security stamping benefit me?
In more ways than one, actually. Combined with adequate security systems, such as close-circuit television (CCTV) surveillance and security alarms, custom stamps will deter thieves who may otherwise attempt to commit common crimes. A good idea is to use the stamps with Ultra Violet security ink, because it contains invisible pigments that can only be exposed using ultraviolet detection.
Here are a few crimes that can be avoided when you use custom stamps as a preventative measure:
- Counterfeiting – This crime can be committed in multifarious ways, such as by counterfeiting a $100 bill at home. Consumer goods can also be counterfeited. Stop this from happening by marking original products with a rubber stamp. Alternatively, use Ultra Violet security ink to ‘secretly’ mark a product and catch criminals directly.
- Tampering – An example of tampering is a product being changed without the manufacturer actually knowing. Tampering is a serious crime that could sabotage your reputation in the business world. The good news is that you don’t have to let it tarnish your company image, because tamper-proof stamps are a real thing! Simply mark the product and if it has been tampered with, you’ll know about it.
- Forgery – A felony crime that encompasses a long list of offences, forgery is a prosecutable offence. Using a custom stamp for security will ensure everybody knows who the true owner of the personal item is (you).
Does a custom stamp prove useful for marking fabrics?
Yes, but you will need to make sure you are using the right type of ink, not to mention the right type of stamp. Although some stamp pads might work well on paper, card or solid surfaces (such as wood), the ink may not be suitable for use on textured fabrics that require washing. Something like the Bolt of Fabric Rubber Stamp will ensure detailed impressions and vibrant pigment on various surfaces. Opt for waterproof ink if you plan on washing the fabrics you mark, since the pigment in this ink will be stubborn and much more difficult to remove than everyday ink.
Aside from Ultra Violet Security Ink, what else can I use to protect my stuff?
Another way of protecting yourself from thieves is by using self-inking ID protection stamps. This type of stamp can be utilized to prevent identity theft. It will be virtually impossible for a thief to figure out what name, address and personal details are concealed beneath the stamp, thanks to the opaqueness produced by self-inking ID protection stamps. Also known as a camouflage stamp, this special product can be stamped over the personal details on your credit card bills, bank statements and letters. If your information gets into the wrong hands, something as simple as your name can be used by a criminal to commit identity theft.
Can I use custom stamps to mark a product as compliant?
Indeed you can. If you are a business professional who is selling products to customers, it is important that you do mark everything you sell as compliant. Failure to do so may result in your goods being confiscated or removed from the store shelves. An indication of product compliance with EU rules, compliance marking can be achieved using a small or large stamp to prove that environmental, health and safety requirements have been met. This is especially important for anyone who sells pharmaceuticals or anything ingestible, such as food and drink.