You may be prepping for a big holiday this summer, but your car can never take a break. It has to be ready to perform at the turn of the ignition — regardless of the season. Though most drivers will worry most about winter’s extreme conditions, don’t let summer fool you — it isn’t without its own set of challenges for your vehicle. Make sure your car’s ready for whatever the season can throw at it, so you can keep driving all summer long.
- Keeping your car cool: Your engine isn’t immune to the heat. It’s under a lot of pressure to perform, especially when the thermostat skyrockets. You need to make sure your vehicle’s coolant system is up to the task by checking it’s up to the appropriate levels. Another good idea is to check for leaks at any joints or connections.
Don’t forget about the conditions inside the cabin. Driving in the summer heat can be uncomfortable if you don’t have working A/C, so have your mechanic check your air conditioning system. They’ll catch any leaks that could prevent this system from working efficiently.
- Replacing windshield wipers: It may be summer, but if you live in a place like Brampton, then you can expect a few rainy days interspersed between sunny days. After a long winter battling snow and ice, your windshield wipers may be in rough shape. Old or damaged wipers leave streaks that limit your ability to see the road as you drive, so you’ll want to replace them if they show any signs of wear.
- Check your filters: Your vehicle’s air filters are likely clogged after the winter. The summer is an ideal time to check these filtration systems to ensure they’ll filter air properly.
- Check your tires: Most gas stations have an air pump that helps keep the appropriate PSI in your tires. For more invasive maintenance on your tires, you’ll want to visit an experienced local car mechanic, like the crew at Veerpreet Service Centre. They offer full diagnostics and repairs on any make or model, from bumper to bumper.
Some of the best tire stores Brampton has to offer double as an auto shop. These mechanics will check your all seasons are in good condition bearing no cracks, wear, or debris in their treads. They can also facilitate some of the quickest, most reliable tire changes Brampton has to offer should you need to replace a damaged tire.
- Change your oil: The muggy temperatures of summer can be a challenge for your engine. It can overheat if it doesn’t have fresh oil lubricating its mechanisms, so ask your Brampton auto mechanic to change this for you during your check-up. This task should be performed regularly, anywhere between 3,000 and 10,000 miles.
Car ownership is a year-round gig. Don’t forget to keep on your vehicle’s maintenance just because the sun is shining. The heat poses some unique challenges for your vehicle. The only way you’ll be able to enjoy the season while you’re behind the wheel is by ensuring your vehicle is in good shape.