Blog Tour: IF YOU LEAVE by Courtney Cole
IF YOU LEAVE
Forever Yours E-book | August 6, 2013
Courtney continues her gritty new adult series with the story of Maddy and Gabe. Gabriel Vincent is a badass hero—at least he used to be anyway. An ex-Army Ranger, Gabe is deeply scarred by his time in Afghanistan and needs someone who can help him heal. Madison Hill grew up watching her parents’ abusive relationship and refuses to let that happen to her. When the two meet, they quickly realize they need each other to be whole. Both have issues they’re afraid the other will never understand…and the problem with demons is that they never die quietly.
26-year old Gabriel Vincent is a badass hero. Or he used to be, anyway. As an ex-Army Ranger, Gabe never thought he needed anyone. But after one horrible night in Afghanistan scars him in a way that he can’t get past, he needs someone who can help him heal…even if he doesn’t realize it.
25-year old Madison Hill doesn’t need anybody…or so she thinks. She grew up watching her parents’ messed-up abusive relationship and she knows there’s no way in hell that she’s ever letting that happen to her.
They don’t know it in the beginning, but Gabriel and Madison will soon develop a weakness: Each other.
But Gabriel’s got a secret, a hidden monster that he’s afraid Maddy could never overcome… And Maddy’s got issues that she’s afraid Gabe will never understand. They quickly realize that they need each other to be whole, but at the same time they know that they’ve got demons to fight.
And the problem with demons is that they never die quietly.
I get to share with you Courtney’s favorite quotes from IF YOU LEAVE!
- And then he touches me. His fingers, so long, slide into me and suddenly I find myself balanced on the palm of his hand, like everything in my being is tied to him. Waiting for him.
- I want to absorb his pain, all the pain that he’s been hiding. I want to take it away so he doesn’t feel it anymore. I want to drown in him. I want him to drown in me. My body and his body, and nothing in between.
- “I’m not staying out here,” I mutter when he looks back at me in surprise.
“Well, you’re not coming with me,” he grins.
“It’s big, but I can hold it myself.” It takes me half a second to realize what he meant and what it is. I feel myself blush in spite of myself.
“God, I’m surrounded by imbeciles.”
- “Maddy,” he murmurs quietly, but firmer this time. “Tell me what’s wrong with you.”
“I’ve just had a bad day. And I need you to make it good again.”
- “You’re not weak, Gabe,” I answer softly. “You’re far, far from weak. You’re one of the reasons that normal people like me sleep well at night. It’s because we can. You face danger so that we don’t have to. Even little Ara knew that. You think that you’re a bad thing, but you’re not. You protect the rest of us from bad things. You’re badass and lethal and scary and you’re as far from weak as you can get. You’re a protector, Gabe. My protector.”