2012 Reading Challenges
In addition to participating in the 2012 Debut Author Challenge, which I host, I’m really excited to participate in some other reading challenges happening next year!
But first… Let me list the books I’m hoping to tackle for the 2012 DAC!
BOLD: Own ARC/Book
Italicized: Read but not reviewed
1. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
2. Everneath by Brodi Ashton
3. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
4. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
5. Tempest by Julie Cross
6. Above by Leah Bobet
7. Fracture by Megan Miranda
8. Harbinger by Sara Wilson Etienne
9. The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams
10. Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
11. Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
12. Slide by Jill Hathaway
And I’m sure at least 40 more books will be added to this list in the course of the year. (I’m not even kidding!)
The 2012 YA/MG Fantasy Challenge hosted by The Book Cellar.
Fantasy is my favorite genre, yet it seems that I don’t read enough of that, here’s hoping this challenge helps me remedy that!
My Fantasy Challenge List:
1. Grave Mercy by R.L. LaFevers
2. The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen
The Sophomore Reading Challenge hosted by Chick Loves Lit
One of the things that I love about the Debut Author Challange (and the reason I host it) is because I always discover from FABULOUS authors. And now an excuse to read those authors I discovered again, yay!
1. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
2. Fever by Lauren Desefano
3. A Million Suns by Beth Revis
4. Dreamless by Josephine Angelini
5. Perception by Kim Harrington
6. Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh
7. The Wood Queen by Karen Mahoney
8. In Honor by Jessi Kirby
9. Try Not to Breathe by Jennifer R. Hubbard
10. A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford
The Completely Contemp Challenge hosted by Chick Loves Lit
I love Contemp novels and sometimes it seems they don’t get the exposure they deserve. Most of my favorite novels are Contemp novels! I’m don’t want to go overboard initially so I’m going to start moderately!
1. Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
2. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
3. Sea by Heidi R. Kling
4. Freefall by Mindi Scott
My 2011 Contemp List:
1. Ten Things We Did by Sarah Mlynowski
2. Popular by Alissa Grosso
3. Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez
4. Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
My 2012 Contemp List:
1. In Too Deep by Amanda Grace
2. Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
3. The One That I Want by Jennifer Echols
4. Being Friends with Boys by Terra Elan McVoy
If you know of any 2012 reading challenges, please do be sure to mention those in the comments section? Are you challenging yourself in 2012? I’d love to hear about the books you are reading.