2012 Goals Reading/Blogging/Life
It’s that time to our goals and resolutions for the upcoming year!
Last year I had a few goals. One of those goals was to read more. In 2010 I read just 110 books, this year I read 155. I think that I met and exceeded that goal. I didn’t however meet my goal of reading 180 books, but that’s a whole other story!
I also had a goal to be a more efficient blogger. That didn’t exactly work out like I wanted it to. I did keep up on my reviews, so that was good! But I still need to work on time management. I also need to be more proactive about keeping my publicity contacts up to date with review links. I’m also going to steal Galleysmith’s idea of listing 10 books to read for the month. I often get hung up picking out a book that I could have read one in the time it takes me to pick one out!
Emailing in a timely manner was another one of my goals. I did better with this than I did the year before, but I was still behind about a month. Unacceptable! And then finally in 2010 I made a goal to be more socially active. Twitter helped a lot with that! Although I wish I would have done more blog commenting.
Reading Goals for 2012
- I’m going to go out there again and aim to read 180 books. I should be able to do this! I shall prevail in 2012!!
- Read at least 65 debuts.
- Complete my reading challenges!
Blogging Goals for 2012
- Be a more efficient blogger!
- Answer my emails in a more timely manner.
- Comment more!
- Write more discussion posts.
- Expand my YouTube Channel. I love doing vlogs, I want to do more vlogs about books! Interrobang YA has helped a bit with that, but I’d like to do more.
- Reply to comments.
- Refrain from whining on Twitter. Although honestly I did a pretty good job of that this year. There were a few times where I just broke down about blogging drama/issues, but for the most part I’ve been taking my own advice and just ignoring it, or venting to a few blogging friends.
- Continue to learn about and utilize WordPress.
- Continue to grow the readership at The Story Siren.
- Continue to work on my writing skills.
- Finish one of my WIPs!
- Take this writing thing more seriously! I need to sit down and write. I write in my head, I take notes on my iPhone, I write in notebooks, I just need to sit down and put it all together and finish this story I’ve been working on! I’ve even started looking for a YA writing group in my area.
- Be more social!
Life Goals for 2012
- Work out more. I’ve been doing good about this, although I took a break around the holiday. I feel so much better and have more energy when I work out.
- Eat healthy. Again, something I’ve been doing well with but took a break for the holidays.
- Travel more. Though this may make it hard to save. I really need to take my hubs on a real vacation.
- Take pride in my appearance. I’m a roll out of the bed, throw my hair up and head to work kind of girl. I don’t do much for myself. Like shop for clothes or paint my nails. I feel good about myself when I attempt to improve on my appearance, so I’m going to work on that. Something that’s just for me.
- Be more compassionate and thoughtful. I’m a selfish person. Not selfish in a bad way, but I know that I am. Which is why I don’t have children. I like doing me things, when I want to do me things. I used to be such a thoughtful person. Sending out cards all the time, buying a little gift for someone, just because. I don’t know what happened to that girl, but I want her back.
- To not be afraid to take chances in 2012 as they come. Even ones that make me uncomfortable.
- To spend more time with J.
- To spend more time with my family.
- Have fun.